MEDICA is the world's largest event for the medical sector and is organised every year in November in Düsseldorf, Germany. This year, the event will take place from 16-19 November.
The MEDICA trade fair encompasses several sessions including:
- MEDICA Education Conference
- German Hospital Conference
- The European Healthcare Conference (EHC)
- The MEDICA Sports & Medicine Conference
- The MEDICA Physio Conference
- The International Conference on Disaster and Military Medicine (DiMiMED)
The primary topics that will be discussed during this conference include:
- Electromedicine/ Medical Technology
- Laboratory Equipment
- Physiotherapy/ Orthopaedic Technology
- Commodities and Consumer Goods
- Information and Communication Technology
- Medical Services and Publications
The European Hospital Congress (EHC0 will also be part of MEDICA 2015. EHC will address different political, medical and economic topics from across Europe and will include high-ranking speakers from the European Hospital and Healthcare Federation (HOPE), the European Association of Hospital Managers (EAHM) and the Association of European Hospital Physicians (AEMH). In particular, the EHC will discuss in detail patient oriented hospital care in the future and patient-oriented hospital care in the practice. A presentation on Patient orientation in the focus of EU Healthcare Policy will also be given on the final day of the Congress. It is expected that nearly 150 to 170 top decision-makers from Europe's hospital will attend the presentations.